You will learn
- Workers’ compensation coverage issues that affect E-RGM workers and their employers;
- Jurisdictional issues that contribute to the complexity of the workers’ compensation process;
- Problems that arise in the determination of benefits for E-RGM workers
- Challenges related to return to work when E-RGM workers are injured
- Ways in which return-to-work processes affect workers’ families;
- Workers’ compensation is the oldest social program in Canada, providing coverage to millions of workers since the beginning of the 20th century.
- Why is it that members of the mobile workforce are falling through the cracks? We found that many of these workers are invisible to regulators because of the mobility associated with their work, and that systems are sometimes, but not always, designed to meet their needs.