The Working Mind: Workplace Mental Health and Mental Illness Stigma Reduction Program
The Working Mind (TWM) is an evidence-based workplace program that promotes mental health, increases resiliency, and reduces the stigma of mental illness. Supported by the Mental Health Commission of Canada, more than 200-thousand Canadians from 875 organizations have taken TWM training or one of its adaptations over the past 4 years. In this webinar, we will give an overview of the program and its content. As well, we will discuss the evaluation results for the program.
You will learn:
- Provide a brief survey of workplace mental health
- Provide a brief overview of The Working Mind program
- Discuss the core components of The Working Mind program, including the Mental Health Continuum Model and the Big 4 Skills
- Discuss the research evidence for the effectiveness of The Working Mind Program
- 1 in 5 Canadians will experience a mental illness this year
- 1 in 2 Canadians will experience a mental illness in a lifetime
- 500,000 Canadians missed work today because of a mental illness
- 1 in 3 workplace disability claims are related to mental illness
- Mental illness costs the Canadian economy $51 billion annually
Andrew Szeto, PhD
The Work Wellness Institute is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Partially Funded by: