AGM Webinar – Ethics of Technologically Assisted Rehabilitation
We hope you can make it to our 34th Annual General Meeting.
In order to attend the Annual General Meeting, you must first register for the webinar.
Online Panel Webinar / Virtual AGM Agenda:
9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET– Special Panel Webinar (60 minutes)
10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET – Live Audience Q&A (30 minutes)
10:30 AM PT / 1:30 PM ET – Annual General Meeting (90 minutes)
Technology has become pervasive in our management of disability, chronic illness, and wellness; however we often don’t take the time or have the knowledge to assess the ethical implication of its use. In this presentation, we will review ethical principles which should be considered in rehabilitation and wellness, and how they apply to various types of technologies which are available in this field.
You will learn:
- Define the four principles of biomedical ethics
- Understand the concept of data privacy and it’s application to rehabilitation technologies
- Apply the principles of biomedical ethics to rehabilitation and wellness technologies
Brief take-home messages
- Data privacy is a critical challenge with internet-connected technologies.
- It is critical to consider the ethical implications of a technology prior to recommending or using it in the workplace