You will learn:
- The prevalence of workplace bullying in New Zealand and the regulatory context for its management and prevention.
- The influence that a policy level intervention can have.
- The types of intervention practices that are typically planned, implemented and considered by specialists in New Zealand.
- How the NZ experience can provide insight into advancing your own intervention initiatives.
Take home messages:
- Workplace bullying continues to be a significant problem for NZ. 12- 18% of workers report bullying behaviours.
- Workplace bullying is not just a problem for organisations but a problem of organisation.
- Effective prevention for workplace bullying requires improving the work environment not just fixing people.