You will learn
- The important role of the employer for work participation of cancer survivors.
- When and how to communicate with an employee with cancer as an employer.
- Tips and tricks for enhancing the collaboration between health professionals, cancer survivor and workplace (employer, colleagues).
- Communication between cancer survivor and his or her employer should start early to achieve a satisfactory dialogue. That is, to prevent misconceptions about preferences and possibilities to stay or return to work, and about when and how to keep in touch.
- Assumptions regarding the individual importance of work are easily made, but may prevent mutual understanding.
- Effective collaboration between stakeholders is key factor to enhance work participation.