Welcome to Effective Mentoring Practices for the Workplace Job Coach. This course explores best practices for job coaching to employees, including those living with disabilities in employment-based, education or other settings.
This course explores the information and skills necessary to be an effective coach for learners in your workplace.
In this course, you will become familiar with the full process of becoming an effective coach. This includes learning the characteristics of a good coach, identifying the different types of learners and how the two are connected, who is accountable for what responsibilities within the coaching process, providing feedback and developing a fulsome coaching plan.
This program is aimed at personnel who fill the role of a job coach (i.e. management, leadership, project leads) seeking to become more effective in coaching learners in their workplace.
Course Value to Learners:
- Step by step look at job coaching process from both the coach and learner perspective
- Easy to follow images, diagrams and graphics to re-enforce learning
- Fillable templates throughout to support learning and put into practice now
- Mixed learning mediums: animation videos, reflections, quizzes, activities, text
- TGoolkit for developing a coaching plan with templates to support learning and put into practice now as well as being able to utilize templates to replicate for future needs
- Multiple ways provided to take your learning and put into action at your workplace; inclusive of templates and tools beyond in-course content
This course is anticipated to take between 1.5-3 hours to complete. Information in this course is presented through a series of animations supported by text, opportunities to test your knowledge and reflect on your learning along with a fulsome participant guide and action steps to implement your learning in the workplace. It is separated into modules and your progress is automatically saved, so feel free to complete at your own pace.